"Love is one of the chief characteristics of Deity, and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the sons of God. A man filled with the love of God, is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race" (Joseph Smith Jr., Dec. 15, 1840; in Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1969], 174).

"All I can offer the world is a good heart and a good hand" (Joseph Smith Jr., July 9, 1843; in Teachings, 313).

Friday, October 17, 2008

Thursday, October 17, 1968

Today my brother Ray was married in the Logan Temple to Sheryl Crandall. I pray for their every happiness together. By coincidence I met a Pearl Smith, who was cashier in the breakfast line, who knows him quite well. I have heard Ray speak of her.

Since we have been eating in the Wilkinson Center it becomes difficult not to run into people I knew from school last year. This week I have chatted ever so briefly with Bob Elliott, Dwight Inoiye, Dave Hasse, Earl Cleverly, Dorothy Pack, Linda Kunz, Bob Jackson, Joanne Yalovich, and others whose names fail me. Wilma Atkins, who I ran into in the bookstore, is going to Nampa this weekend for Ray’s reception and asked for any message she could take home. At yesterday's leadership meeting I saw Elder Ballard and Elder LeSueur. Last Sunday evening at the eight-stake fireside I saw cousin Kent Palmer.

Today I gave my first prayer in Portuguese before the whole zone.

No comments: