"Love is one of the chief characteristics of Deity, and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the sons of God. A man filled with the love of God, is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race" (Joseph Smith Jr., Dec. 15, 1840; in Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1969], 174).

"All I can offer the world is a good heart and a good hand" (Joseph Smith Jr., July 9, 1843; in Teachings, 313).

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday, September 13, 1969

Today new responsibilities, new surroundings, new faces come into my life. Tuesday evening President Johnson informed Elder Stewart and me of our transfers: Elder Stewart to Nova Friburgo to be district leader and Elder Cleverly to Ramos to be district leader.

Our last few days together as companions saw us visiting our families (we noticed how close we had grown to each of them) and our investigators to say good-bye, teaching Elders Morrell and Broad­head their new responsibilities, and showing them in greater detail their proselyting area. Last night we taught Nilton Luz and his family a fourth lesson.

Elder Stewart left Friday morning. It was sad to see him go. My regard and love for him had grown to great proportions. I shall con­sider him ever a friend, a brother, and my companion.

Yesterday, last night, and this morning I worked with Elders Morrell and Broadhead. This morning I traveled out to Ramos to re­place Elder Anderson, a very trunky elder. My new companion is Elder John Edward Staker, a novinho of two weeks from Mt. Pleasant, Utah.

No comments: